8.26.2006

You Drooled While You Were Asleep

It's time you left,
But you have to stay and here my next faulty reason why,
Please I want to make this ancient,
Make this concrete and here.

What's worse is you know,
You know I was one damn day too late,
But we can't do anything about it now,
I'm not so jealous as to say you can.

But if I had woken you up on that bus,
If I had told you the truth,
That we are all chasing a heaven,
That only a few were meant to find.

Hindsight will start to hurt your neck,
I should know I see doctors,
So I let you rest on that window and I'm watching you leave now,
Your bare feet glide away on the grass.

I wish I was in an orchestra,
To direct one giant flowing sound,
Expressing the slightest whim of everyone involved,
Breaking and forming the void.

Wishes for fishes I pick up a violin,
Personality with a bow,
I may have just been playing for you then and still am,
But now I sing for the collection of dreamers that remain.

No comments: