2.02.2007

When I Dream

The impossible,
The irrational,
Love,
Comradery,
Destiny,
All dreamt in their own times,
So much brighter,
More guilded than what,
My eyes forsee,
But closed,
There is such a thing as hope,
A singular silhouette,
Projecting,
From a top I cannot see,
But the mound,
Man,
Slumped over himself and all history,
Look (Love) above!
Look on what has overcome!
All the years,
Centuries,
Of doubt and apathy,
Unlocked only when,
Separated from his kind,
Man drifts,
Fumbles for one of the ways,
To this creature,
Dreamer of all dreams,
Down off his mound,
(For he was formed of it)
Settled in a mammoth,
Unending observatory,
Double library,
With all the pages self-authored,
Here he tells me,
Enthralled of his life,
Takes me in,
Becoming a part,
A bird,
A pirate,
Anything imaginable,
And more,
For a time,
Before the books close,
The eyes open,
Mortal once more,
Living out the day,
Till next night,
Next unending,
Ever cherished,
Dream.

No comments: