4.24.2007

The M Word

Today I wrestled with the sun. I obtained a fantastic grip and gained some headway, but at length I was hurled back here. My opponent did not gloat at having bested me, but rather remained inwardly content behind some scurrying clouds. I thanked him for the degree of respect he commanded with that, and went on my meager way, wondering why anyone would consider even a day's chance here so unwelcomed it necesitated the label "meager." I consider every day that I talk to at least one of you, my beloved, far worth the pain of teething and far from that horrible word. Meager.

What did you do today?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Today I escaped. I wish I could say that I escaped the world, our the confines of our society, or something equally exciting, but no. I simply escaped my French class, and with permisson in fact.
Madame had the windows open as it was the most beautiful of days, and when she was done teaching us, several of the girls said, "Let's climb out the windows." So we did. We danced and pranced outside in the grass, hidden behind the school, as if it was our secret hang out spot. We wanted to run on the baseball field, but apparently we didn't have enough gall to do that. Instead, I picked a dandelion to take back inside as a souvenier for those that didn't join our Great Escape.