4.02.2008

Time Spent on a Futon


When it gets like this,
And yea,
Eventually it'll turn bad,
If it looks like I'm not listening,
I can only say it's hard,
And in my head I'm swaying,
Sitting cross-legged,
To a lazy beat,
That is nothing like me at the moment,
Because I'm just trying to survive.

"It's hard to remember,
We're alive for the first time."

There may be,
Only a finite amount of happiness in the world,
And that one's joy means another's grief,
And if that's so then I have a very hard time,
Believing in anything,
Except your golden hair that evening,
With fattened clouds above our heads,
And the grass stains like wounds on my jeans.

And it's morning,
And I'm feeling the pain of the sun.

(quotes by Modest Mouse, of course.)

1 comment:

appletrain said...

i really really lurve this one.