5.12.2008

And Then a Surprise for You


Little Ophelia,
Perhaps in you I can place my life,
My unkept, tinseled life,
My circus goldfish.
Do you think it was right,
Little Ophelia,
That big God gave life to one such as me?
Oh I can see why He would give it to you!
I can see that very well, and easily.
Playing helicopter with you,
And seeing your eyes when we go on morning walks,
Marveling at all the dew on every blade,
Of our little four-corner lawn,
Makes me happy.

So many things here,
And people too!
Aren't happy.
I'm afraid I may be making them unhappy,
And that sincerely moves me.
So I think of things to buy you,
And candies to get you,
And sometimes I think of moving,
But I'm afraid the new people there will become unhappy too.
Oh, I'll dismiss it for a while again,
You're just too enchanting,
Let's go for a walk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sweet.