5.12.2008

And We All Just Kept Sleeping


In one dream,
I am running towards you,
Until I run clear through you-like a ghost,
And then there are more,
All of us running the same way,
But I am the fastest,
I outrun all the rest and again am all alone,
Everything outside of me is a blur,
But never so clearly,
So acutely have I known,
The wind crashing upon and flowing across my nose,
Through every crack in my skin down to my eyes,
And then over and past my temples.

So intense is this,
Everything fades behind,
Like listening to someone and then the radio's turned up,
Until I am left with two thoughts in the whole world,
The wind, and where you must be,
Even here, letting myself become absorbed,
I cannot wholly separate from you,
I wonder,
So I stay, and am not bitter about that.

No comments: